This page consists of a selection of Kanchuka Dharmasiri’s writings in Sinhala and English, conference presentations and talks, followed by some of the articles she wrote for newspapers.
- 2012 Streets Ahead with Haththotuwegama: A Collection of Articles by and about Gamini Haththotuwegama. Assistant editors: Lohan Gunaweera & Nicole Calandra. Ravaya Publishers: Maharagama, Sri Lanka
- 2017 “Voices from the Therīgāthā: Framing Western Feminisms in Sinhala Translation.” Translating Women: Different Voices and New Horizons. Eds. Luise von Flotow & Farzaneh Farahzad. Routledge: New York, U.S.A.
- 2016 “Modern Theatre in Sri Lanka.” Routledge Handbook of Asian Theatre. Ed. Siyuan Liu. Routledge: New York, U.S.A.
- 2015 “From Narratives of Nations to Bloody Streets: Contemporary Sinhala and Tamil Theatre in Sri Lanka.” Mapping South Asia through Performance. Ed. Ashis Sengupta. Palgrave Macmillan: Hampshire, U.K.
- 2014 “Brecht in the Streets of Sri Lanka.” Translations. Fondazione Universitaria San Pellegrino, Italy http://translation.fusp.it/issues/issue-3/brecht-in-the-streets-of-sri-lanka
- 2010 “Translation and the Emergence of a Modern Sinhala Theatre in a Postcolonial Context.” The Mercurian: A Theatre Translation Review. Vol 2. No 4, University of North Carolina http://drama.unc.edu/academic/mercurian/themercurianvol2number4.pdf
- 2010 “Taking to the Streets: Intersections of Space, Audience, and Power in the Wayside and Open Theatre” Nethra Review. Vol 11. No 1. International Centre for Ethnic Studies, Colombo, Sri Lanka http://www.ices.lk/publications/nethra_featured4.shtml
- 2010 “Space, Audience and Power in Wayside and Open Theatre Performances.” Tales About Hatha: Gamini Haththotuwegama Felicitation Volume. Ed. Athula Samarakoon & Sudesh Mantilleke. Arts Council, University of Peradeniya
- 2018 “Translating for the Theatre: Rethinking Translation through Multiple Subject Positions.” Translation Studies: New Directions, a key note speech, Savitribai Phule Pune University, India.
- 2016 “Translators and Directors in a Postcolonial Context” Asian Translation Traditions.” Monash University Malaysia. Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- 2016 “Reflecting on the Politics and ‘Neutrality’ of Observation and Mediation.” Rethinking Peace Studies Conference. International Christian University, Tokyo, Japan
- 2015 “Translating with Bodies and Sounds: The Multilayered Translational Process in Theatre Practice.” Pluralingualism and Orality in Translation: Conference Festival. Indraprastha College for Women, University of Delhi, New Delhi, India
- 2015 “The Multilayered Process of Devising Subha” Colombo Theatre Forum for Directors, Goethe Institut, Colombo, Sri Lanka
- 2014 “Theatre and Community: A Few Questions.” Colombo Theatre Forum for Directors, Goethe Institut, Colombo, Sri Lanka
- 2012 “What Do You Prefer, the Hammer or the Nail? Language and Transcreations in the Wayside and Open Theatre Performances.” Crossroads Conference, University of Massachusetts Amherst, Amherst
- 2012 “No Tickets: The Wayside and Open Theatre’s Critique of the Commercialization of Theatres and Public Spaces.” American Comparative Literature Association, Brown University, Providence
- 2011 “You Saw, I Saw: An Analysis of The Wayside and Open Theatre’s Performances in Public Spaces.” Spaces of Alterity Conference, University of Nottingham
- 2011 “Everything O You Can Sell: An Exploration of The Wayside and Open Theatre’s Performances in Public Spaces.” 2011 Sri Lanka Graduate Conference, India- China Institute, the New School for Social Research, New York
- 2009 “Rolling in Money!”: The Wayside and Open Theater’s Critique of Neocolonial and State Power Structures through Language and Performance.” American Comparative Literature Association, Harvard, Cambridge
- 2009 “Taking to the Streets: Intersections of Space, Audience, and Power in the Wayside and Open Theater in Sri Lanka.” 30th Annual Mid-America Theater Conference (MATC), Chicago
- 2008 “In the Streets: Space, Power, and the Wayside and Open Theater in Sri Lanka.” Crossroads Conference, University of Massachusetts Amherst, Amherst
- 2007 “Chekhov’s Site of Paradise and Lawrence’s Dark Apathy: Accounts of Sri Lanka by Late Nineteenth- and Early Twentieth-Century Literary Figures.” Southern comparative Literature Association, Chapel Hill
- 2007 “Ionesco in Sinhala: A Critical Investigation of the Challenges and Complications in Translating and Directing Tatta Gayikawa” Third Annual Binghamton Amherst Translation Conference, State University of New York, Binghamton
- 2006 “Translations in Sinhala Theater.” Second Annual Translation Conference, Kandy, Sri Lanka
- 2006 “Creating Feminist Dialogues.” Second Annual Binghamton Amherst Translation Conference, University of Massachusetts Amherst, Amherst
- 2005 “Translation and Sinhala Theater in a Postcolonial Context” First Annual Binghamton Amherst Translation Conference, State University of New York, Binghamton
- 2014 Co-organizer and moderator, Colombo Theatre Forum for Directors, Colombo
- 2008 Panel Chair, Crossroads Conference, University of Massachusetts Amherst
- 2008 Panel Chair, Junior Year Writing Conference, University of Massachusetts Amherst
- 2006 Co-Organizer, Second Annual Binghamton Amherst Translation Conference, University of Massachusetts Amherst
- 2010 “Staging the Struggle: The Past and the Future of Street Drama” Invitation to a New Discourse. N.M. Perera Centre, Borella, Sri Lanka
- 2010 “Translation and Contemporary Sinhala Theatre with a Focus on Harold Pinter’s Ashes to Ashes.” National Library Services Council Auditorium, Colombo, Sri Lanka
- 2011 “There are no tickets.” The Sunday Times, Colombo, June 19 http://sundaytimes.lk/110619/Plus/plus_15.html
- 2010 “The Journey Goes on.” The Sunday Times, Colombo, November 7 http://sundaytimes.lk/101107/Plus/plus_16.html
- 2010 “Plays for the People” The Sunday Times, Sri Lanka, January 10 http://sundaytimes.lk/100110/Plus/plus_01.html
- 2009 “A Tribute to Sir.” The Sunday Times, November 29 http://sundaytimes.lk/091129/Plus/plus_11.html
- 2004 “What is this Ayurvedic Medicine?” A series of articles based on interviews conducted with Dr. Padmakumari Veebadde. Nuwara, Kandy, June 1-August 1
- 2004 “Hours: A Woman’s Life in a Single Moment.” Nuwara, Kandy, September 1
- 2003 “Fly(ing) with One Wing- Deconstructing Gender Stereotypes” The Sunday Times, Colombo, May 4 http://sundaytimes.lk/030504/plus/3.html